Search This Blog

Monday, December 28, 2009

A Steaming Bowl of Pho

One my favorite taste sensations is a bowl of steamng hot Pho, rich with aroma and flavor of star anise, cinamon,clove,pepper, ginger, and lemongrass. I could drink the broth alone, and have. But, the add-ins, the treats are what truly makes the Pho sing. It is 8:00 a.m. and I am thinking about tonight's Pho. I have Mise en Place'd everything; the thinnly sliced onions, jalapenos, fresh cilantro, basil, and fresh made pasta (from the weekend). Fish sauce, lime juise, cane sugar and ultra thin juliene of carrot is mixed and chilling.
That is the importance of Mise en Place'...everything in it's place, mind in order. When I get home from work today, All I have to do is simmer the broth and add the ingrediants. Siracha sauce and Hoisen to the side to finish.
I can taste it now.

No comments: