Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Food: by Tom Yates

So, I'm writing a blog about....writing a blog?  Weird.  Actually, I'm writing to thank AceWeekly for printing one of my blog posts in last week's WRFL Cover edition.  It was an honor and a thrill.  I have been an AceWeekly fan for years and read the Reality Truck Column for years, long before it became a blog. Long before iPhones and cells and Twitter and  Facebook.

It took me a while to understand Facebook and longer to understand Twitter.  In fact,  the Lextwitterati can vouch for my wePhoning, fat-finger spelling, and my not-very-careful direct messaging.  But, I keep at it.

The same with blogging.  I blog because I have to get it out of my head.  Mise en Place for the brain.  I think about food all the time.  I like food, love food, and enjoy writing about food.  It is what it is.. 

So, I keep trudging along.

I got the text in church last week that a print appearence might happen.  It was a happy and nerve-wracking week of anticipation.  We had fun talking about it here at the house.  I didn't even tell anybody else..  Thought I might jinx it.

And then, there it was, in  Big Bold Print on Page 13.  Pretty awesome!

Thank you,  AceWeekly.
Thanks for the thrill, the nerves, and the trust.

The right pink-colored pink-roses are pretty and fragrant.  They are a tangible appreciation.
Heartfelt gratitude simply exists.

If you ever find yourself in the communion line at church, and your pocket vibrates with a phone text, you might consider checking it.  

It could very well be your faerie princess calling.

No comments: